Choir Concert Make Up Assignments
Write a summary for any three of the articles below.
Please review how to write a summary before you begin. Each summary should be at least 6 sentences long.
How to Write a Summary
Joining Choir Makes You Happy
Singing Changes Your Brain
Hearts Beat as One
Why Be In Choir
How to Choir
Homecoming Alternate Assignment
Watch this video: https://vimeo.com/channels/theanthemprojectvideos
Answer the question on this viewing guide and return to Ms. Braun: Worksheet
If you don't have a printer, the questions are listed below. You can answer them on blank paper.
As you watch the video segment, focus on the following questions. Take notes in the spaces below.
- How did The Star-Spangled Banner become a popular song?
- Why did some Americans still consider the War of 1812 to be a victory for the United States?
- What were some of the objections to making The Star-Spangled Banner the national anthem?
- Why did Maryland groups such as the Maryland Daughters of 1812 have a special interest in making The Star-Spangled Banner the national anthem?
- What role did each of the following people play in spreading the influence of The Star-Spangled Banner?
John Philip Sousa -
Mrs. Holloway -
John Charles Linthicum -
President Herbert Hoover -